The Urban Slide TM Assumption of Risk, Warning of Risk Waiver and Release of Claims (“Assumption & Release”)
*The Urban Slide is a trademark of The Urban Slide, LLC, Kodiak Events, LLC, DNS Visions, LLC and their affiliates.
By Checking the box and furthering with your registration you agree to the terms below.
1. I understand that participating in The Urban Slide TM is a potentially hazardous activity where water will be present and multiple participants will be actively sliding down more than 1000ft of Slide.
2. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
3. I agree that I am at least 5 years old (parents/guardians for their child) and am at least 44 inches tall.
4. I agree to abide by any decision of Slide personnel (including representatives and or safety personnel) relative to my ability to safely participate on the Slide, which decision is at the sole discretion of the Slide personnel and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
5. I assume all risks associated with participating in The Urban SlideTM, including, but not limited to, slips, falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, any defects or condition of premises, or Slide zones, the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity. All such risks being known, assumed and appreciated by me.
6. I agree that DNS Visions, LLC is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event.
7. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation at my own cost in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
8. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to participate or accompany me on the Slide and should not be within 20 feet of the Slide.
9. I grant permission to DNS Visions, LLC, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, sound bites, or any other record of this event for any purpose in perpetuity throughout the world including, but not limited to, promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of DNS Visions, LLC.
10. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds.
11. The official event directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the event and in the event of cancellation or change there is no refund of entry fees.
12. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. DNS Visions, LLC may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behavior endangers safety or negatively affects the event, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
13. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless DNS Visions, LLC, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
14. I understand that by participating on the Slide, I will be through water and potentially mud and other fluids, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease.
15. I assume risk of wild animals, insects, and parasites that may be present on the course.
16. (Please Check One) ____ I am at least 18 years old, OR ___ I am under the age of 18 and in addition to me my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms. All Participants Waiver & Release of all claims and assumption of risk I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants in The Urban Slide TM, and I voluntarily and knowingly agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that I may sustain as a result of said participation. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless to the extent permitted by law DNS Visions, LLC, its officers, directors, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, liens, judgments, damages, losses and expenses including reasonable legal fees and costs arising in whole or in part and in any manner from acts, omissions, breach or default in connection with Participant’s use and participation with Slide and I relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of participating in these activities against DNS Visions, LLC including its owners, managers, officers and employees, the event officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, and the owners and operators of the venue (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Administrators”). Participants registering for the event, programs/activities must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs. I agree that I am solely responsible for determining if I am physically fit and/or skilled for the event or activities contemplated by this Assumption and Release. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I, for myself and my heirs, do hereby fully release and forever discharge t he Administrators from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suffer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the event, program or activities including injuries caused or associated with transportation to and from the event. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my online signature shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event.
I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
Only complete below if you are a parent or guardian of a participant under the age of 18: I, the parent or guardian of the above named participant, have read through this waiver and all its terms, and I hereby give my approval to this child’s participation in The Urban Slide TM. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to my child’s participation in The Urban Slide TM, and I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Administrators, as defined above, for any injury to my child and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, covenants, agreements, promises, damages, costs, expenses, responsibilities, of whatsoever kind, nature or description, whether, direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or connected with my child’s participation in The Urban Slid e TM. I consent to the foregoing and grant permission for him/her to participate in The Urban Slide TM. I acknowledge I have carefully read, accepted and agreed to the terms on this Assumption and Release and Liability waiver, and know and understand their contents and I sign the same on my own free act and deed.
An electronic signature and an electronic approval will serve as approval of the waiver release.
We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. The policies below are applicable to Urban Slide’s website: www.theurbanslide.com and their blog.
2. Your Acceptance
4. Information We May Collect
Except as disclosed below, we don’t sell, barter, give away, or rent your personal information.
(a) Personal Information. Use of certain features of the site, like signing up to receive a newsletter, or responding to one of our surveys may require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, in other words, information that identifies or describes you, such as your name, email address, telephone numbers, address, zip code, age, and gender (“personal information”). We also may collect and store personal information about you that we receive from other sources, e.g. the information we receive from ticketsocket.com, Eventbrite.com, Runsignup.com, RaceIt.com or Active.com or any race registration company we utilize when you register for an event or to be a spectator. Ticketsocket.com, EventBrite.com, Runsignup.com, RaceIt.com and Active.com have their own privacy policies and you should refer to them for any questions you may have about the information Ticketsocket.com, Event Brite.com, Runsignup.com, RaceIt or Active collects about you when you register for one of our events or to be a spectator using Ticketsocket.com, EventBrite.com, Runsignup.com, RaceIt.com or Active.com.
(b) Anonymous Information. Even if you don’t request a newsletter or fill-out a survey, when you interact with the site, we may collect certain non-personal information. For example, our servers keep an activity log that tracks all visitors to the site. The information in the activity log is anonymous and therefore does not identify you individually. The anonymous information our server collects may include among other data: your IP address, your registered domain or home server, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, number of clicks, software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring website’s addresses.
(c) Cookies and Spyware. We do not install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. How We May Use Your Information
• If you fill out a Media Profile Survey, we may share your personal information with members of the media and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
• If you fill out a Urban Slide Survey, we may post certain personal information about you in the Participant Profiles portion of our site and share it with third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. We will not post your contact information on our website, but please be careful about what you disclose to us and do not disclose any information that you expect to keep private.
• If you fill out a survey expressing interest in volunteering for or hosting an event or if you request to receive posters or our newsletter, we will use your personal information to contact you and may share your personal information with third parties for purposes of fulfilling your request.
(c) Use of Anonymous Information. We may use anonymous information to help us determine how people use parts of the site and who our users are so we can improve our site. We may also use anonymous information to provide information in aggregated form to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the site. We may also use or share anonymous information (or other information, other than personal information) in any other manner that we decide is appropriate or necessary.
(d) Third-Parties. We may occasionally have third party representatives, agents, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as event registration, marketing, analytics, etc. These entities may have access to your personal information but only as needed to perform their services.
(e) Emergency Situations. We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend the our rights or property, the site or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the site or the public.
The security of your information is of great concern to us. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Personal information collected by our site is stored in secure operating environments that are not open to the public. While we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
7. Linking to or from Other Websites
8. Governing Law
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the website. As a result, please be aware that we may transfer your information to another company that is affiliated with us or with which we have merged.
10. Changes to This Policy
11. Managing Your Information/Opting-Out
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from our website or corrected. To make such a request, you can send us a message at Support@theurbanslide.com with the subject line “opt out”.